mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Oh day off, I had such high hopes for you....

Today was MLK day, which meant a day off from work. I figured it would be a great opportunity for me to run some errands and get a bunch of things done.

Slept in. I wanted to go to the gym, but it didn't open until 11 because of the holiday. But I managed to procrastinate until 11:30, when I went to leave - and discovered it was snowing. Pretty well. I figured I'd wait it out, because I didn't want to drive in the snow, especially after my accident a few weeks ago.

So I waited. And waited. And it kept snowing. I surfed the net, read. Still snowing. Decided to skip the gym and use the treadmill, and skip the auction I was going to go to - from the pics online, it appeared to be mostly sports memorabilia and expired food, anyway. And not even expired food I liked.

So I decided to clean the entrance table where I throw all my mail that I don't know what to do with. So instead of a giant pile of papers I have no clue what to do with, I have a bag of recycling and several smaller piles of paper I have no clue what to do with. This is partially because I'm a packrat, saving every receipt and bank statement. It's also partly because my mom is also a packrat, and will often send me an envelope full of coupons for products I don't use and articles that I don't read, but feel guilty throwing out. She also got me a gift subscription for Taste of Home magazine, despite the fact that most of my cooking involves making frozen food hot. I haven't opened any of them, but can't bring myself to toss them.

I also found a rebate check for $25 that had fallen, unopen, behind the table. Unfortunately, it said that it needed to be cashed by November 12. I guess I'll probably try to deposit it anyway, but it doesn't look good, and I'm kicking myself for losing it. I also found an unopened letter from my bank telling me that a CD I had was going to automatically renew 4 months ago, which explains why I forgot to cash it in.

I still have more stuff I need to sort. I got some little stuff done today - load of laundry, replaced the batteries in my smoke detector so it will stop beeping at me, loaded the truck for Wednesday's mini hamfest, squeezed in an hour (ok, 58 minutes) on the treadmill. But I still feel like I should have done more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home