mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Rockin' out with my crock out...

So about 5 years ago, I asked for a crock pot for Christmas. I used it twice (with some help from my then-roomate bsom) and then pretty much forgot about it. Every winter, I would say "I should use the crockpot sometime" and then pretty much never get around to it.

Well, I've run out of excuses, and it's getting colder outside - perfect weather for crockpoting. So I decided to take a stab at Chili. Someone on FW had recommended allrecipes, so I looked around and found this one, which sounded odd but got good reviews.

I made a bunch of changes to it:
-used a whole onion instead of a half (because I like onion, and because otherwise I'd have half an onion stinking up my fridge)
-left out the sugar
-left out the carrots and celery
-used one Jalepeno pepper instead of two
-used most of a can of Miller Lite instead of 1/4 cup Canadian beer (didn't want to dump most of a can of beer)
-left out the seasoned pepper
-used way less crushed red pepper (I just eyeballed it)
-used ground turkey instead of ground beef

I browned the turkey and onions and put everything together before I went to the gym. Let it cook for about 5 hours.

It came out really good. I probably shouldn't have added the extra beer - it came out more liquidy than I would have liked, but otherwise was good. It tasted great - it was a little spicy, but not too overpowering - I'm glad I didn't add more pepper or two Jalapenos.

And I should have enough left over for a bunch more meals.

in the crockpot

in the bowl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home