mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The whole tooth...

For the last few years, I've been putting off a visit to the dentist, and for the past few months it's been catching up to me - my teeth will just throb for days.

I finally broke down a few weeks ago and called for an appointment. I figured I'd just schedule a cleaning/exam, and see what the doc said. I figured it was not going to be pleasant.

I went today, and it actually wasn't as bad as I expected, given my less than stellar dental practices. I have three cavities - which I'm getting filled tomorrow after work.

I'm not looking forward to it - I'm kind of a pain pussy, and I suspect that this is going to hurt a lot. But when it's done, I'll be able to eat without wincing, which will be a win. I was also expecting a lot more than just a couple fillable cavities, and this is going to cost less than I feared, so that's good.

The other thing that was good about my visit is that the dental hygienist actually did a really good job on my teeth - I have a 3-cup-a-day coffee habit (and usually drink at least one cup of tea a day during the winter as well), which has left my teeth with a ton of brown stains that I figured were permanent. She was able to get pretty much all of them out, and I can now smile without looking like a homeless bum. Which is a plus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home