mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

So this is what a weekend is like...

Today is the first day I where I didn't have something work-related to do since some time in mid-August. Didn't have to go into work, didn't take any computers home to work on. I do have to go in for a few hours tomorrow to try to get a few machines set up, and hopefully get some paperwork done.

It was kind of refreshing. I slept in - it was pouring last night, so I figured it wasn't worth going to yard sales. When I woke up at 6am to the alarm I never reset, it was sunny, but I figured that a lot of people probably decided not to have their sales, so I went back to sleep until 10.

I got caught up on some of the errands that I needed to run - Target, grocery store, get a haircut. I spent some time at home, doing nothing. I went to church, the gym (Saturday around 6pm is one of my favorite times to go - it's practically empty, no competition for the machines).

I actually felt better. I've been pretty down, more than usual. Work is grating on me. We work off a work order system, and the number of work orders - which usually is around 15 or 20 - has been hovering at around 40 for the last month or so, not including setting up new equipment. I've also taken on a lot of the responsibility for organizing new equipment delivery, what we commonly refer to as migrations. It hasn't been going as smoothly or quickly as I'd like, and I fear that something I was hoping would make me look good is going to end up making me look bad. My boss is actually much happier with my progress than I am - I feel like I've failed. Actually, one of the things I'd like to do tomorrow is try to outline a process for future setups.

I had toyed with the idea of driving up to NJ this week - there's a treasury auction this Wednesday not to far from my parents - but I can't bring myself to take a day off. My boss and coworkers would probably be ok with it, but I feel like I shouldn't - I want to be perceived as a hard worker, as someone who might move up someday, and not taking time off is the best way to do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home