mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy birthday to me...

So it's my birthday. On August 11, 1980, at 2:06pm, madanthony came out the womb. And it's pretty much been downhill from there.

The older I get, the more I hate birthdays. Celebrating them is counterintuitive to me. Whether you think when we die is preordained or completely up to us, the fact is that we will only be on this earth for a certain amount of time, and a birthday is just a reminder that we're a year closer to when the time on our earth ends.

I'm 28 today. The average male lifespan is 75.2 years, which means that over 1/3 of my life is already gone - and that doesn't even take into account my shitty driving or love of bacon.

So I'm over 1/3 done with life, and I'm not happy with where I am. Without this turning into another post about how unhappy I am with certain aspects of my life, and how I feel like I'm trying to change those things but can't figure out how, I had hoped when I was younger that things would be different and better in a lot of ways than they are now.

1 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! (sorry a day late)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home