mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Monday, June 09, 2008

Does doing nothing count as doing something?

I started this past weekend off the way I start most weekends off.. by making a to-do list. I ended this weekend the way I end most weekends, not having done as many of the things on my to-do list as I hoped to.

Sure, I got some stuff done - hit some yard sales, went to the grocery store and Target, got a haircut, went to the gym, took out the recycling, did laundry and a load of dishes.

But other things I hoped to get done - like writing item descriptions and taking pictures of a pile of stuff I need sell on eBay, or cleaning the basement - didn't get done.

Instead, I slept - I went to bed around 10:30 Saturday night (which I think is the very definition of a loser) and didn't get up until 9:30 Sunday morning. I watched several hours of TV (and even had the cat curl up in my lap for part of it, which is unusual - usually she's either eying me from across the room or trying to bite me. I posted several posts on this blog.

I have mixed feelings on if these were good moves. Part of me wishes I had accomplished more - the sooner I get my pile of old laptops on eBay, the sooner I have less crap in my house and more money in my bank account. But the last few weeks.. more like the last few months... I've been running around like crazy, with projects at work and eBay/hamfest/cleaning at home. There's no end in sight, either - I can't take time off at work, and I have lots of stuff I still want to get done at home - so it was kind of nice to take a quasi-break. But the problem with breaks is it just means that more stuff piles up and has to be done later, so it's really just prolonging the inevitable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home