mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Social networking for your pussy.... cat..

So you know I'm out of the loop when I get an email from my mom about a website I wasn't familiar with. She forwarded me an article about Catster, a "social networking site for cats".

It's an interesting idea, and it's evidently successful. And of course, I did end up making a page for Nibbler. It is interesting to browse other people's cats... evidently, there are 11 other people who named their cats Nibbler.

But I can't say I've become a Catster regular. Because, let's face it, who wants to network with a bunch of cats? The interesting thing would be to interact with a bunch of cat owners. I haven't spent any time in their forums, so maybe that's more useful, but the cat profiles aren't terribly interactive, because they are entirely about the cats and not the owners. I prefer to think of myself as a guy with a cat, not a cat with a guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home