mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Monday, March 03, 2008

Kitties bumping uglies...

I'm not a big fan of PETA - I'm of the mind that humans eating meat is part of the natural order of things, and darn tasty too - but I had to like this ad that was posted in the OT section of fatwallet.

My cat, Nibbler, is the result of two unfixed, feral cats living behind a college dorm. I'm glad she came into my life, but it's sad that there are so many other cats who haven't been as lucky to find homes- including, most likely, three of her siblings, who disappeared before the college students who rescued her could get to them.

Before I had a cat, I never really thought about the whole fixing thing, and when I did, it seemed kind of wrong - I mean, I'd be pretty pissed off if someone cut my balls off (I'll resist a tasteless comment about the sad state of my love life). But when you start realizing that cats can get pregnant as young as four months, have litters of several cats at a time, and can pop out a litter in about two months, it's easy to understand why it's important - because it means a lot of cats out there on the mean streets.

Even though Nibbler is at present my only cat, and she's an indoor cat, I had her spayed a couple months ago - so I won't have to worry about coming home to bumpin' bass music...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home