mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Friday, March 21, 2008

I don't feel so good...

I woke up on Wednesday with a sore throat and gobs of mucus dripping from my nose. I spent much of the day feeling disturbingly hot (and not in the "I'm sexy" sense of the word. Granted, our office has only two temperatures - too hot or too cold - but it was still unnaturally hot. I went to sleep early that night, slept late, and haven't really felt much better.

My nose has been alternating between stuffy and runny, my ears feel like they are full of fluid, and my lungs are so mucus-filled that I feel like I'm out of breath.

Being sick at Eastertime is like a madanthony tradition - the same thing happened to me a couple years ago, I think back in 2005. I remember spending Easter with a box of tissues next to me.

This sucks for a couple reasons. It makes Easter - one of the few times I spend with the 'rents, and one of the holidays I like because it's usually somewhat pleasant weather-wise, plus it's long enough to spend some time with the family without being too long - less enjoyable. I feel kind of tired and down, and that sucks. Plus, I was hoping to get back into working out after having skipped it for the last few days. While I usually try to do it even when I don't feel well, the fact that I feel like I can't breathe while I'm sitting down suggests that getting on a treadmill probably isn't something I should do.

If past experience is a guide, this should blow over in a few days - I'm hoping by Easter, but I wouldn't count on it. In the meaning, there isn't a whole lot I can do except sleep - and curse the awful timing of germs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home