mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Gee, I would have thought I looked at least 14...

Do you ever have one of those situations where someone says something to you, and you know they just intended it either as a compliment, or at worst just a comment, but it just seems wrong, and you puzzle over it for a while? I had one of those today.

I was replacing a computer for someone (in a fairly important position) and had the following conversation:

computer user: are you a full-time employee or a student?

mad anthony: full time employee.

user: really? Because you look like you are about 10.


Now, I do get mistaken for a student on occasion. I've been out of college for five years, but I am short, and I dress pretty casually (I was wearing a polo shirt, jeans, and a pair of Pony casual sneakers)- when your job often has you crawling under desks or moving equipment across campus, it doesn't make sense to wear anything nice, since it's just going to get snagged or dirty. I've even been carded a few times in the last couple months. But I figure I look older than 10 - I mean, how many 10 year olds do you know who have goatees?

Still, now I can blame my constant state of single-ness on something else. Chicks probably think I'm too young. I mean, I figured that I probably creep out all the cute coeds at the gym at work because they think I'm that creepy old guy, but maybe not...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home