mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Saturday, September 01, 2007

here, kitty...

Well, I adopted a kitten.

I had a long, elaborate post that I started writing, but I never got around to finishing it. I also wanted to post some pictures, but I haven't gotten a chance to take and post any - she runs before I can get a picture. I have a few, but I haven't had a chance to get them off the camera yet.

Anyway, she's about 5 weeks old, black with a hint of tan. She's been good so far - uses the litterbox, hasn't broken anything, seems to tolerate me (when she's not trying to claw my face off), seems to fall asleep on my lap right about when I'm ready to get up. I named her Nibbler, after the pet/alien on Futurama, and after cleaning her litterbox, I think it fits... her poop has the weight of a thousand suns.

I've been keeping her in my family room in my basement and letting her play upstairs when I'm home - which hasn't been much lately because of work, and probably won't be much better - it's move in time, plus we have a coworker out on disability, so I'm going to be working a ton of overtime. Which is good, because I've gotta put kitchen chow on the table now. But I wish I could spend more time with her.

Being the constant worrier that I am, I worry if can be a good cat owner. I've never had a pet before (except fish, and they don't count), and I'm still getting used to being around one. I feel a certain sense of responsibility - I'd compare it to having a child, but that's not really fair to people have children, since you can't lock your five week old kid in the basement for 12 hours with a box to poop in and some food and water.

So this will be a new adventure, and I'll try to get some pics soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home