mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

What a day...

I had a hell of a day last Monday. Haven't had a chance to blog about it until now.

First of all, I had a presentation - the last one for last MBA class. It went well and it's all pretty much over. I have two more classes - listening to other people's presentations this week, and a final reflection class the week after that. I still have to write up a reflection for that, but it shouldn't take long, so I consider myself basically done. I've already started trying to do some of the stuff I said I would do once I was done - cleaning, ebaying, reading more, ect.

My parents were going to come down for Memorial Day. I usually try to avoid taking days off from work, but I put in to take off the two days before Memorial Day, and my parents were going to come down from NJ - they haven't seen my house yet, and I figured it would be a good time for them to. Then I got an email on Monday that I (and most of the department) were having Vista training - which was of course scheduled for the days my parents were supposed to come down. I knew training was coming up, but I never checked the dates. While my coworkers suggested I might be able to miss it and make it up later, that seemed both cumbersome and like something that would make me look like a disloyal employee, as well as put me behind the curve on something essential to my job. So I deleted my days off from the calendar and emailed my parents to let them know I wouldn't be able to do it then.

I'm hoping I can find a time to reschedule. I was really looking forward to them coming down - I don't see them as much as I used to, and I'm somewhat proud of my house, even if it has a disturbingly high calk-to-house ratio. But I can't afford to risk my job either. I'm hoping the 'rents and I can figure out another time that they can come down.

The other fun thing I discovered on Monday is that I technically shouldn't be able to graduate from my MBA program until August. See, it turns out you have to apply for graduation, and I never did. I don't know how this escaped me , but I was supposed to have applied by the end of January, and I never did. Luckily, I talked to the graduaution coordinator and she's going to slip me in (ah, the benefits of working for the college you go to). So I won't get my diploma until mid-July, but it will show a May graduation date. Still, I feel pretty silly that I managed to screw that up.

So. umm. I hope this coming Monday goes better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home