mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Why you should proof-read all the text boxes when you write an app...

A couple days ago, I was setting up a new(er) computer to replace an ancient Celeron 700mhz that I had unearthed in the history department of the college I work at. They had a Konica Minolta film scanner they used with it, so I had to download the driver and install it. When I was installing it, I got one of those message boxes so memorable I had to take a screen shot of it:

this is the text that greets the user.

Obviously, they used a packaging app that has text fields that the program writer can fill in with stuff - like what text they want to greet the user - and they didn't fill in that part.

Still, you think SOMEONE beta-testing the thing would have noticed and fixed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home