mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Packing, listless...

It's occurred to me that in slightly over one month, I'm going to own a house. That means that all the crap that is currently in my apartment needs to get to said house. Which means said crap needs to get from where it currently is into a bunch of boxes.

So of course I've been dealing with this in the mature way that I usually deal with stuff. I come home from work and open up the hall closet that I have filled with boxes of eBay stuff, stuff I bought on sale that I don't really need, and winter clothes. Then I sigh, close the closet door, and go in my room and watch some TV.

So needless to say I haven't gotten a lot of packing done. I'm going away for the weekend to NJ to visit the 'rents, since I probably won't see them for a while - I'll probably be packing/moving over July 4th, and Labor Day is move-in weekend at the college I work on, so I will (hopefully) be working lots of overtime. And starting Tuesday, I have a 2x a week summer class, the first of two, that will sharply reduce my packing time. And I want to try to keep going to the gym, lest I start to wish I hadn't gotten rid of all those too-big pairs of pants in my last cleaning fit.

This isn't to say I haven't done some stuff. I've packed a couple boxes, although they are mostly books, which aren't terribly hard to pack. Plus, I have some stuff on eBay and a whole bunch of descriptions ready to go - I've been doing lots of buying lately and not much selling, so now I need to get rid of a ton of stuff. That will also hopefully make some more room to spread out and get a better idea of what the heck I have.

But I'm sure most of this will get done at the last minute, when I typically do stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home