mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Fargin' hipsters...

I live in a homeshare with 3 other people in an 18-room brownstone in Baltimore. I share my floor with one other guy. He's actually for the most part the perfect roomate. He's a grad student at a certain college with the initials JHU. He's also not around for large chunks of time, which is what I really look for in a roomate.

Except a couple times a year he'll have a few people over. He has a big end of the year party once a year which will be in a couple weeks, but he decided to have some people over today.

So he has a bunch of his hipster friends over and there is rap music blaring from the backyard - which kinda sucks since my room faces the backyard.

I suppose I should go down and mingle, but I really don't have any desire to. I've had a long day - I worked tonight, so I've been at work for the last 13 hours, so I kind of just wanted to come home, get ready for the fact that I have to be at work 7:30am tomorrow and maybe read a book or watch some TV. Plus, my sloppy, uneducated ass doesn't exactly fit in with his hipster grad student friends.

I'm probably overreacting - he's usually pretty good about shutting things down by midnight or so as not to drive the neigbors nuts. It could be worse - at this time last week I was writing a paper - but I still prefer coming home to a mostly empty and quiet house. Because I'm a loser who hates people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home