mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

My new hero...

Every now and then, when work or the rest of life is stressful, I long for my college days. After all, college was fun - most of the freedoms of being an adult without most of the responsiblities. Plus the chance to be around hot drunk girls, who if they were drunk enough... would still ignore me.

But this guy has managed to stay as an undergrad for 12 years. He's 29, has been in college for 12 years, and plans on staying another year so he can do study abroad. He's already got enough credits to get liberal studies degree in education, communications, theater, health and women's studies. (gee, you think all that time in school he could have at least gotten a degree in something that he would have a chance of getting a job in).

But given that the picture of him in the article has him standing in front of a bar, I'm guessing what he's spent most of those 12 years doing.

And while college had it's fun points, I'm not sure I would want to live there. It is nice to actually have a job and income and not have people asking you what you are going to do after you graduate (although now my parents keep asking me what I plan to do when I get my MBA. My answer: buy a nice frame for it). And I find that I accomplish much more now that I don't have roomates trying to get me to do shots at 4 in the afternoon.

1 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger Muneer said...

I live an hour away fron Whitewater.

That's it. Did you expect me to say something insightful, reader?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home