mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Why the "current read" links to a textbook...

Sharp-eyed readers of this site may have noticed that I finally changed the "current read" to something other than "Better Places, Better Lives" - the Rouse autobiography I have had up for the last couple months. And it's not because I've actually finished reading it - I got about halfway through, and then got sidetracked by a combination of factors - start of school making me busy, and I kind of lost interest in the subject. I was more intersted in some of the familiar places Rouse built than in the man himself - I've taken grad classes in Columbia and used to live in Mount Washington and drive past the Village of Cross Keys daily on my way to class, so I was interested in those two developments. Once I finished the parts about their development, I kind of lost interest.

But I haven't had time or motivation to do any new reading for pleasure. I've actually bought a number of new books - Lilek's new book, The Undercover economist and Cowboy Capitalism - but haven't gotten a chance to read any of them. Hopefully over Christmas break, or maybe Thanksgiving, although I'll probably end up doing homework over Christmas.

So I decided to stick one of the books from one of the classes I'm taking. I strongly recommend against it - very boring, occasionally inaccurate, and lacking any color pictures.

I'm going to be busy this weekend - I'm going to Hamfest with a friend tomorrow in Carrol County to sell some stuff. Hopefully I'll get rid of some inventory that will otherwise be going on eBay, and make some money. Vendor gates open at 6am and it's an hour drive. I have to work until 2:30, and by the time I do my errands, go to church, hit up the gym, go home, eat some dinner, and load up the car it will be hella late. I'm driving over to his house and crashing on the couch because I don't want to have to load my car in the morning and I don't want to leave it parked on a Baltimore City street filled with hundreds of dollars worth of routers, mp3 players, and hard drives. I probably will end up not getting there until 10pm or so.

I really hope I sell some stuff off - I could use the money and space, and it will save me time over having to write descriptions, take pics, and ship if I do eBay. I priced my stuff kinda high figuring people will want to haggle - I hope that doesn't bite me in the arse.

So the next 24 hours or so are carefully scripted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home