mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Monday, January 10, 2005

thirty-six inches of pure joy...

I now have 36" of screen space on my main desktop PC.

Last month, Dell was having a sale on flat panels. There were two coupons that stacked with it, one of which was a 25% off coupon I won from their Delf game. I had wanted dual monitors for a while, so I jumped, getting a 17" LCD for around $200.

The sad thing is that the $200 Dell is a nicer monitor - although smaller- than my primary monitor that I payed about 2x as much for about a year ago - a 19" Kogi. I guess part of it is that the Kogi is a year old, and covered with a year's worth of dust (and a tinge of cigar smoke). Part of it, of course, is that the Dell is a better monitor.

In a nod of cost-savings, the DVI-to-VGA adapter that's hooking up the Dell to my ATI card is a refurb (excuse me, "refresh") I found on a clearance table at an Apple store a while ago.

Anyway, here is a pic of the new setup. The 19" Kogi is on the left, the 17" Dell is on the right. And yes, my room and desk are a mess. But not as messy as they were a week ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home