mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Final time...

It's late December in the blogosphere, and that means one thing (OK, it means a bunch of things) - finals. Prof Bainbridge weighs in, a corner contributer expresses his dislike of grading them, and an SCSU Scholars reader passes along one student's good luck charm.

I'm not a professor (if you couldn't guess by my godawful spelling), but I have an intesting perspective on finals this year. During the day, I'm a helpdesk guy at a college, and by night I'm taking an MBA class (actually 2, but the first finished early in the month). I got to work late on Friday (yeah overtime!) for Friday night exam support, and we're getting the usual trickle of students with damaged floppy disks holding their only copy of the paper that they have due in an hour.

I, on the other hand, have the double-whammy of a take-home final and an in-class final in the same class on the same day. The take-home is almost done - just needs a couple more paragraphs, a spell-check, and some corrections on the graphs so they actually reference what I meant them to.

I have no real plans to study for the in-class - it's open book, I don't really know what to expect, and I'm not really sure how to prepare for it - so I probably won't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home