mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Friday, August 27, 2004

In mourning about getting up in the morning...

Well, I found out today that I will be moving to day shift starting Monday. And not just any day shift, but 7:15-5pm. Not a big deal for most people, but it is for someone who has worked 1pm-10pm for the last year and a half.

For the most part, I like working nights - I've never been a morning person, and I like not having to go to work until 1pm. If it wasn't for grad school, which I'm starting in another week, I would stay working nights. I'm hoping I can get up on time, and worried what happens if I don't.

There are good things about this - I can actually run errands after work, I get to interact more with my coworkers, and in terms of learning skills and making a good impression on higher-ups, it's definitly easier when you are around other people.

It feels wierd to know that over the course of a weekend, I'm going from a night person, a person who holds an unusual time slot with all it's pluses and minuses, to just another "day job" drone. But we'll see how it goes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home