mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Monday, July 05, 2004

Customer service on the net, part 2

I got a response to the email I sent to buy.com about the coupon screwup. Their answer:


Hello Anthony,

Thank you for contacting Buy.com.

Please note that the coupon cannot be used in this order as no
two promotions can be clubbed together. We hope this clarifies
any confusion and we apologize for any inconvenience that you
have encountered.

We have left a note in your last order(19380822) to provide you
$5 discount on your next purchase .So now you will get the $5
discount automatically whenever you will place a new order with
us.


I'm not sure how wanting to use a coupon once is considered "clubbing together promotions". Personally, when I'm "clubbing together" I like to listen to techno music while drinking a red bull and vodka, but I don't think that's what they meant. However, I do get a $5 discount on my next order, and it sounds like it won't have any restrictions. Not as good as what I wanted (a $5 credit to my credit card for the coupon which I still feel I should have been able to use), but better than nothing, and not worth continuing the fight.

I still think they shouldn't base their business strategy on hoping customers forget to check their shipping options, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home