mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Yard sale-ing away...

Now that I don't work on Saturdays anymore, I have to get up at stupidly early hours on Saturdays, like I did for the last 3 years.

But I still do. Why? Most of the last few weekends, I've been going to yard sales with bsom. And he takes his yard sales seriously - route planned in advance with yard sales in order by distance and start time.

I keep hoping for a big score - something that I can sell for eBay at a profit. I haven't found it yet, but I have bought some random stuff - a couple pictures, a cargo net for my truck for $5, a set of wheel locks for a buck.

But I have gotten two other really interesting pieces of, umm, home decor.

A couple weeks ago, I bought this fine piece of word processing equiptment. I'm not really sure why I bought it, but I'm kind of glad I did - I have it sitting on a bookshelf in my living room. It's a great conversation piece, in the event anyone ever comes over my house...

But the piece de resistance was something I found for $5 today. I suddenly have a craving for a beer.. I could probably sell it on eBay for a decent amount, but I think I'm going to keep it - it adds an interesting touch to my living room, plus it would be difficult to package and get to it's destination in one piece.

And maybe someday I'll make the big haul....

1 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Blogger Muneer said...

The link you posted for the typewriter spits back a 404 error. I think you meant http://www.madanthony.net/pics/royal1.jpg .

I used to be a fan of yard sales, but I think I got all of the good stuff in our neighborhood, and so far it hasn't been worth it to drive out to the richer neighborhoods. Have you noticed at the richer people's yard sales, everything is priced higher? And it usually isn't nicer crap. I get better deals at woot than yard sales lately.

There was one time a couple years ago that someone offered me a laser printer with a new cartridge for $10. At the time, I only had an iMac w/o a parallel port, and that's all this printer had. I also wasn't a big eBayer, otherwise I could've flipped it and made some money, but it would have been a bitch to mail. Now that I have a shitload of PCs with parallel ports I wish I had it, but go figure. You can pick one of the new piece-of-crap printers at staples for almost FAR lately.

How are the ski boots doing? I was thinking you would make some money on those.

See, I haven’t been posting comments on your blog lately, so this makes up for it. I wish you a happy belated birthday, too. :)

munboy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home