mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Ham-tastic!

Well, I went to the Fredrick Area Father's Day Hamfest today with BSOM and two of the students who work in my department. I didn't just go as a shopper - I went to sell stuff, in the hopes of getting rid of a bunch of junk so I wouldn't have to move it.

I ended up with about $450 extra in my pocket and about five fewer boxes of complete crap. That isn't to say that much of that is profit - much of the stuff sold for about what I paid for it, and some at a loss. But most of it was stuff that if I didn't sell would be sitting around, and I want my new townhouse to be as clutter-free as possible. I'd rather lose a few bucks selling something than have it sit and gather dust - after all, economists would say that the cost is a sunk cost and shouldn't be considered - so I didn't.

The only thing I bought (besides food) was a license plate for $2. I'm planning on stealing a decorating idea from BSOM and decorating a wall in the new place, probably in the "family room", with old license plates.

But it was fun to look around at all the complete crap that people had for sale. One of the students took pics, so I might be posting some of them soon.

1 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Muneer said...

I'd love to see some pics, I havn't been to a good hamfest for a long time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home