mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Yet another house-related post...

Well, my contract was presented, the seller balked at the carpet allowance we had asked for (as expected) and made a counteroffer that I accepted. So the forms will be faxed Monday and I'll have committed to buying a house.

The other thing is that they asked to move up the settlement date - to June 28th. So I have a little over a month to gather everything I own and put it into boxes and figure out how to get it to the new place.

I'm probably going to hire movers - as much as I hate spending the money to do so, I'm not known for my ability to carry large objects without destroying or dropping them, and I hate to impose on friends and coworkers by asking them to help me move. I'm wondering if it's worth moving some of the stuff, like boxes, myself, and just having the movers handle the furniture, or if I should just have them move everything - which would be easier.

I want to do some painting - at least the bedroom and living room, since I actually have some furniture to put there - before the furniture goes in and the carpet gets done. And I want to get the carpet done before I move in. So now I have to figure out how to buy carpeting for a house I don't yet own, and how to get someone to install it around the 4th of July.

Plus I'm taking two night MBA classes this summer, the first of which starts.. next week. So I have no idea how I'm going to get all this stuff done, stuff I don't know how to do as it is.

Now I see why it took me so long to buy a house - it's so much easier just to stay put. Once I get everything settled, and actually have a real kitchen and a deck and a parking spot, I think I'll be happier, but the part in-between is going to be difficult.

1 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home