mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Why I will never understand weight loss..

I've blogged about my weight loss attempts before. It's actually been going pretty well from a poundage standpoint - assuming that the scale in my bathroom is pretty well synced with the one at my doctor's office, I've lost about 40 pounds from where I was in November. I don't really feel like I've lost that much though - I look in the mirror, and I'm still fat. My goal is to lose anohter 60 pounds or so, so I've got a ways to go. I'm not losing weight as fast as I was when I started, and it's going to get harder to lose weight - I start a 2-night-a-week class in a week and a half, which will cut into my excersize time as well as make snacking more tempting since I'll always be on the run.

But sometimes it's hard for me to understand why I lose or don't lose weight - I'll cheat and still lose some weight, or I'll be really good and not lose any.

This weekend I was up at my parents. I wasn't as good as I usually am about what I eat - I had desert every night, including cake and italian pastries. Lots of fatty foods. I had a Quizno's sub for lunch one day, dripping with cheese and french onion mayo. I didn't exersize as much as a I normally do. But when I got back to Maryland and weighed myself, I had lost 2 pounds.

Now, I was more careful than I would be a year ago about what I ate - my old visiting the parents routine involved me going to a local deli for breakfast and getting a "belly-buster" (ham, cheese, eggs, potatos, bacon, sausage, and pork roll on a sub roll) for breakfast at least one day. But it still puzzles me that I lost any weight at all. It didn't really surprise me, though, because the exact same thing happened when I was home for memorial day.

2 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Anonymous judy said...

Hi, I just wanted to let everybody know that I found a book that has been a life saver for me. For a young mother of 2 like me it’s hard to find the time to get your body back in shape and hard finding the motivation. I tried several other books and programs which really didn’t help. I couldn’t afford any of those $300 a month programs where they send you all the food. I felt like I was never going to be able to get back to where I was before having my children. Then I came across this book. I was a little skeptical at first because I have read other books about weight loss but their book was different. It made sense, it was easy to follow and it really motivated me, like I thought wasn’t possible because of my busy lifestyle and my kids. It gave me what I needed and helped me find the time and motivation to get me back to the gym and to start eating right about 4 hours after I started reading the introduction. I don’t think I would be where I am today if it wasn’t for the motivation and sensible information offered in this book. The techniques and eating regimes in this book have amazingly got me a dress size lower in just 2 weeks and I don’t feel run down like I used too. It has worked so well for me, I have now leant this book to my friend who's now joining me at the gym and she’s getting the same kind of results! Thank god for “Elite Weight Loss Package”! It helped me get my life back. If you’re having problems with finding the time, having the motivation and knowing what really works, you need to check out their book.
Thanks Judy Jones.

 
At 2:25 PM, Anonymous judy jones said...

They say “information is power” and now I understand why they say that. When you have the right information, you can solve almost any problem you have, even losing weight in a healthy way. And having this powerful information for FREE is even better! That’s right for Free. No spending hundreds a week for meals to get delivered to your door! No monthly fees to join a program! I got all the right information which helped me finally lose the weight. I just had to pay a $4.95 download Fee and the entire program was free. It normally sells from $40 to $50 but you can get it for free too.
It really helped me turn my life around and provided me with everything I needed to know about how to lose weight the right way. Everything I wanted to know like, “why 95% of all diets fail”. I learned what are the top twelve worst foods for weight gain and the top twelve best foods for weight loss. They have a section on “what can make you fatter”, which was very interesting. They explained about how eating so called "good fats" can speed up fat loss and help with your diet. They tell you how to speed up your metabolism the right way and turn it into a fat burning furnace!
I learned so much from this program, even things I couldn’t believe like how you can eat as much as 50% MORE calories to aid weight loss and how to increase the fat burning effects during your workouts. This program has truly changed my life for the better and would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about losing weight! What more do you want for free?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home