mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

I'm in yer truck, blowing thru yer stop signs...

So I'm out hitting yard sales this morning. Got a couple good deals early on, including a $4 TI-83 plus graphing calculator that goes for around $40 on eBay. Then I decided to go to one that was a little out of the way. The yard sale was a bust - they actually were trying to sell empty jars from spagetti sauce - and I missed my turn on the way back - they were doing construction and had taken down most of the road signs. I finally found a road I recognized, and turned on it. A little while later, I looked behind me and saw flashing blue and red lights. Is he pulling me over or just trying to get by me? I pulled over, and discovered it was the former. Damn.

So I pulled over, handed over my documents, and listened to him ask why he pulled me over. I mumbled "i can guess", figuring it was for speeding. It wasn't. I'd driven through a stop sign. He asked me where I was going, and I told him I was going to yard sales and had gotten lost, that I wasn't familiar with the area and that's why I hadn't noticed the sign.

He went back to his car with my license and registration, as I sat in my truck pondering how much the fine was for running a stop sign. After a few minutes, he came back with my documents and a pad. Crap. Looks like I'm getting a ticket.

Then he handed me the paper and told me that it wasn't a citation, and that he was letting me go with a warning since I wasn't familiar with the area.

Phew. I have to say that this may be the first ever good experience I've ever had with a Baltimore City police officer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home