mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Happy Birthday to me...

So, today is MadAnthony's birthday. I'm 27 years old. yea!

I don't really like birthdays. They mean something when you are younger, when you are hitting milestones - 16, 17, 18, 21. Beside your car insurance rates going down at 25, there isn't much to look forward to past 21. If anything, it's depressing - you only live a certain amount of time, and you are one year closer to death. It also gives you the opportunity to reflect on how little you've done with your life in the last year - still single, still in debt, still short and hairy with a little bit of a belly.

Oh well, it's really just another day. I'm actually at work right now - I was asked if I wanted to work overtime, and since madanthony gots to get paid, I jumped on it. It's slow, which is nice. And I'm getting time and a half, which is nicer.

I am having a small birthday party tonight. A bunch of people had been telling me since I bought my house that I should have some sort of housewarming party. I kept putting it off, because, well, I'm good at putting things off. So I finally decided to have it, and figured I might as well have it on my birthday, since it fell on a Saturday. Evidently, I've managed to pick the worst possible day to throw a party - it seems like everyone already had plans (or they all hate me and have creative excuses, but I'm going with the former). So it's going to be a pretty small gathering, which means I'll have to drink most of the beer myself. Darn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home