mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Friday, June 08, 2007

Is there such a thing as a geek's tan?

mad anthony has a little bit of a sunburn today.

Yesterday, one of the consulting companies we work with had a pintail yachts cruise around the inner harbor. A bunch of were invited and went.

It was a good experience, and not just because there was an open bar. While I've lived in or around Baltimore on and off for the last 8 years, I still don't know it all that well, and I haven't spent much time in the harbor area. It was kind of cool to see what the stuff I've driven past on I-95 looked like.

Afterwords, one of the sponsors had a happy hour at a nearby resturant. It was fun, although I realized a few things: 1) sales people are annoying 2) drunk sales people are really annoying.

I didn't drink a whole lot - a couple beers on the boat, and a few drinks at the happy hour. I resisted the urge to get smashed, because 1)I had to drive back home and 2) I'm not that fun of a drunk, especially around people I don't know well.

On the plus side, I learned that mojitos are quite tasty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home