mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Work it out...

MadAnthony's been a little sore of late.

Last year, I lost a little bit of weight. I was hoping to lose some more this year - it was one of my new year's resolutions.

As everyone knows, but hates to admit, there are two things you can do to lose weight - eat less and exersize more. All the fancy books that try to come up with secret combinations of stuff to do are total bullshit. All you can do is eat fewer calories, so that you don't build up fat, and exersize, so you burn off the fat that you have. That's what I did last year, and had some sucess.

But this year, I dropped the eating right part early in the year - I found myself eating way more than I should. As a result, I stopped losing weight - I wasn't gaining anything, but I wasn't losing anything either. And then, about two months ago, I found myself having to drop the other half of the MadAnthony weight loss plan. Between my move and my killer marketing class, I didn't have time to exersize. And when I stepped on the scale a couple days ago, I had gained five pounds - the first time I gained weight in over a year.

So I've been trying to watch what I eat, although I haven't had a whole lot of luck, since there always seem to be donuts and cookies around work - not to mention the jars of Milky Way Spread that I have left over from the case I bought for bsom's birthday present. And I've started hitting the gym again - I'm hoping with the fact that my schedule's changing, that it's start of school and the start of my classes again, that I can get myself in the habit of goiing again, and maybe start losing again. I did make it to the gym the last couple days, and now I'm feeling it - it's amazing how out of shape you can get in a month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home