mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Things gone wrong...

My last post was me complaining about all the things that have gone wrong - broken cell, broken gauges in the car, ect.

Well, things haven't gotten any better. I still have no idea how much gas is in my car, and no cell phone. And yet more crap keeps happening. Things that have happened to Mad Anthony in the last couple days:

-eBay pulled one of my auctions for a computer I was selling. The computer was new in box, sealed, and listed all the software that came with it. eBay pulled it and accused me of hard disk loading - preinstalling pirated software. This sucks, because I listed it during their upgrade options sale, so it's going to cost me more to relist it, plus it delays me getting it out of my room and getting money in the bank. And it PO's me that they pulled it for no reason- like someone would want to pirate a 90 day trial of Norton AV?

-I got an email from my boss this morning that we are no longer allowed to work "scheduled overtime". I've been putting in 8 hours a week every Saturday for the last 2 years at a satellite campus we operate. I know it's overtime, and it would end sometime, but the reason that's been given - in case the new director of HR, who hasn't even been hired yet, decides to crack down on overtime - isn't very satisfying. I mean, don't you want as much overtime as possible, this way if they crack down you can eliminate a bunch - or alternatively, use it to justify why you need to create more postions. To make matters worse, they want me to continue working on Saturdays - instead of on Fridays, for straight pay. Because you know, I must LIKE not having Saturdays off. It can't be that I was doing it for, you know, the money.

-Just as I was about to leave my parents house, my mom asked me "what does it mean when you get an error message that explorer.exe can't load and you need to reinstall Windows?" Turns out my Mom's computer, a pentium pro 200 I cobbled together for her a couple years ago running Windows ME, had shit the bed. I couldn't bring it back to life - I had no software with me - so I had to leave her without a functioning computer. She actually does have a newer machine I built for her (Via 1.3ghz running XP) but she hasn't hooked it up and I haven't gotten a chance to hook it up for her and set up her email. The sad thing is I was the last person to use it, to print out a rough draft of a paper. I know I didn't do anything to break it, but I feel horrible that I was the last person to use it and now it doesn't work, and even worse that I didn't have time to fix it.

-Coming back from NJ, I hit major traffic in PA. Road construction, down to one lane, 3.5 mile backup. What ticks me off is that I knew a detour, but I didn't realize construction was going on - and PA'S messed-up road crews put the sign up to "expect delays" a couple miles past the exit I would have taken to, um, avoid the delays. Not only that, but it was 3 miles between the sign and the next exit I could turn around at - so by the time I had gotten to the exit, I was most of the way through the congestion, so it wasn't worth turning around. Thanks, State of PA, for making me waste an hour sitting in traffic because you couldn't actually put the construction ahead sign somewhere useful.

-I've managed to get a bunch of mosquito bites - all in the worst of places, like my elbow RIGHT where it sits on the armrest when I'm driving.

The only good thing is that at some point, it's gotta start getting better. I mean, can it get worse? It's not that any of these things are major problems, but there are so many, with nothing really good happening in between.

9 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
cash for car toowoomba
cash for unwanted cars melbourne

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Hashtag Car Removal said...

Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is actually irritating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.
old car removal sydney
cash for unwanted cars sydney

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Max Cash For Cars said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
sell my car for cash brisbane
scrap cars brisbane

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Metalbiz said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
cash for cars ipswich
car for cash brisbane

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger Car Removal NSW said...

Thanks for sharing such a nice information. We provide a free cash quote over the phone and online. To get an unwanted cash for car wollongong , you can call us at the number below or fill out our online quote form that is located at the top right of this page

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Local Cash For Cars said...

Really very happy to say, your post is very interesting to read. Local Cash for Car is a licensed auto removal company that buys all types of used, junk, scrap, broken, and damaged vehicles for as much as up to $8,999 car removal sunshine coast.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Fast Car Removals said...

Such a great information for blogger I am a professional blogger thanks. Best cash for cars Hervey Bay means cash up to $9999 and free fast pickup. We take any car whether it’s used, scrap, junk, old, salvage, written-off or accidental. Our drivers are prompt and pick up a car at the scheduled time. Hassle free service and quick paperwork. We need your driver’s license to make a selling receipt and cash will be paid on arrival. We bought 39% of total cars from Ipswich last year and the number is increasing.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger BNE Copper Recycling said...

Hello! I found your website on google and found it very useful and informative for our business and I also shared your website with my other friends also. BNE Copper Recycling do eco-friendly metal recycling near me and pay you the most competitive prices in the recycling industry. We buy, collect, and recycle your scrap metal and save the planet from the harmful greenhouse gas emanations that are the primary reason behind the ozone layer damage.

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger sanawisal said...


I can honestly tell you that no where on the internet is there any place where information is organised in such a manner. This is exactly what I wanted to find and had been looking for quite a while now. Finally I stumbled upon this. Great work and thanks again for this. Cash For Car craigieburn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home