mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Bleached...

For years, I've wanted to do something crazy with my hair, like dye it blue or bleach it. There has always been something - my Catholic grade and high schools, my rather conservative parents, having to go to job interviews - that has held me back. The other thing that has held me back is the fact that I have incredibly dark brown hair - practically black. So everyone has always told me that I shouldn't even try bleaching it, because it would just turn orange anyway.

I finally have limited excuses. I've been at my job for over 2 years, so I'm fairly sure they won't fire me based on hair color (and if they do, maybe I can argue that hair color, like skin color, is a protected class). I have another month until my grad mba classes start, and my parents are several hundred miles away. Plus, I had a package of Clairol Herbal Essance Maximium Bleach Blond, which was free after rebate at CVS - I used a $2 coupon, so they paid me to buy it. So I decided to ignore the advice and go ahead.

Well, the advice was right. It's kind of orangish, and worse, I missed a big spot on the back-left corner of my head. But the front looks kind of interesting, and it should wash/grow out in 6 weeks or so according to the package. When you think of how many billions of years old the earth is, 6 weeks is like nothing.

And I can say I've bleached my hair. If I was one of those people who made a list of "things to do before I die" I would cross that off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home