mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Friday, January 28, 2005

Nice threads, Dick...

OpinionJournal is rightly mocking a critique of Dick Cheney's wardrobe - to a ceremony commemorating the closing of Nazi death camps. You can find the picture and commentary here.

I have to admit that I didn't really have any strong feelings about Cheney during the first Bush term. However, I'm really starting to respect the guy. I thought his performance at the veep debate was very good. His acceptance of his daughter, (who by the way is a lesbian) is touching. And now I find out that he's also a big fan of casual dress.

Mad Anthony, like Cheney, has a tendancy to underdress. Right now I'm wearing what I wore to work - long sleeve shirt with a short sleeve polo over it, carpenter jeans, and a beat-up pair of Vans, and a day's worth of facial hair growth. Granted, it's Friday - yeah (even more) casual Fridays - but I tend to dislike dressing up for a number of reasons - I'm cheap and hate buying expensive clothes, I'm not exactly skinny, so it's not always easy for me to find clothes that look decent on me, and I like being comfortable. The fact that Cheney also has a tendency to put comfort over appearance makes him seem very down to earth, and I think that's good - much like the many voters who voted for Bush because he seems like a much more down to earth, personable guy than Kerry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home