mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

You wanna die? We can help you out with that.

The Najif standoff continues, producing fun quotes from Iraqi terrorists.

From this article we get this quote:

I will lie on the ground in front of the tanks, or I will kill the Americans to defend Sadr and Najaf," said Fadil Hamed, 30

Really? I hope you go with the first one... I'm sure we would be more than willing to help you out.

Then there is this line from Reuters:
But more and more Iraqis are signing up to the Mehdi Army hoping to become martyrs in a country where young men facing high unemployment have few options

I've been out of work, and I've worked some crappy jobs to make money, but I usually try to steer clear of the ones whose job requirements involve dying. And I love the way Reuters presents this as a rational choice - allow Iraq to become a democracy or die so you can take some other people out with you.

And I think it's absurd that people think we shouldn't attack the Mosque because it's a holy place - if it's so holy, maybe you shouldn't take your AK-47 in and shoot at your country's government.

And I'm sure the 9/11 hijackers took into account the chapel at the foot of the WTC when they attacked it..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home