mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Monday, August 23, 2004

If the shirt fits...

I got an email from old navy pushing their vintage fit line of clothing - with a new tighter fit.

It puzzles me in a world where Americans are getting fatter and fatter, Old Navy, a strictly middle-class, middle America kind of retailer, is pushing tighter clothing.

I'm one of those fatter Americans - as wide as I am tall. I accidently bought an XXL button down shirt a while ago from Old Navy that was vintage fit. It was tighter, and not terribly flattering to my giant beer belly. I prefer my shirts loose, one step below a mumu from the vast waistband.

I'm no clothing designer, but I think that anyone who buys a shirt that is XXL probably doesn't want a tighter fit. What the heck is Old Navy thinking?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home