mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Hey, I'm agressivly normal...

City Journal contributor James Glassman hasan interesting article on modern kids, saying that they are in many ways more conservative than their parents. I'm not sure I really count as a young person anymore, although I was not too long ago, and I'm not sure about his analysis - the college kids I know still do a ton of binge drinking. But there are some interesting stats, one of the most interesting being that half of college students now consider themselves conservative, twice as many as in the 70's.

I wonder if part of this has less to do with cultural shifts and more to do with the fact that people are going to college in larger numbers to study useful stuff like accounting and computer science, and actually hope to get good jobs instead of becoming poor grad students. But it is something to think about...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home