mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

What does a $55 mystery box get you?

So about two weeks ago, I was surfing a few of my favorite deal sites and stumbled on the Stootsi Smorgasbord on Stootsi. One of their offers was interesting - a Platinum Box for $50. Fidy bucks is kind of steep for not knowing what you are buying, but it came with a "no sadness guarantee" - if you buy it, open it, and has a sad, you have 3 days to return it and get your money back. I figured it was worth a gamble.

They had shipping issues, and I didn't get mine until yesterday.

this is what I got

-APC Game Manager surge protector/ game storage device
-SMC wireless video streaming device
-SMC usb to powerline networking adapter
-Nike iPod sport armband (for Nano and Shuffle)
-JBL reference 410 headphones
-Monster subwoofer cable
-Sonic Impact portable speaker (sadly, it's pink)
-Sonic Impact CD case speaker
-Just A Drop poop odor eraser

So I decided to keep it. There isn't anything in there I want/need, although I'll probably keep the headphones as a spare. I have a hamfest, and I'm going to bring most of the stuff with me - I figure if I sell a few items, I should be close to breaking even. If I ship it back, I'm guessing I would eat shipping both ways, and I'd probably lose more than reselling it. But we'll see.

I'm not sure I would buy another one of these - reselling can be hassle, and I've got a ton of inventory I need to move/liquidate. $50 is kind of on the high side for buying random stuff.

2 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.. a lighter wallet.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Muneer said...

If you like deal-a-day sites, you should stop by justin.tv/woottv or justin.tv/embiggened. Woottv starts at 11:30pm and biggy starts at 10:45.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home