mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Because Steve Jobs can do no wrong...

Well, I am a part-time Apple user - I primarily use Windows machines, but I also own a Powerbook. Thus, I am obligated to buy whatever Apple puts their name on. It's part of the vow you take when you join the Apple cult and get your little white Apple sticker.

so I did as Steve Jobs commanded

I fought buying a Nano for a couple months, but I finally bought one yesterday. My inititation into the iPod cult was back in May of '03, when Target had the 2nd gen iPod on clearance, 50%. I bought a couple, sold most of them, and decided to keep one. I found myself using it frequently - I worked nights at the time and would plug it into an old Powermac G4 I had in my cube and listen to music, and also use it around the house and in the car.

When I started exersizing earlier this year, I decided to buy a shuffle, because I didn't want to carry a heavy, hard drive based mp3 player with me. Lately, I've found myself having to delete songs off the 1 gig shuffle. The headphone jack has also been kinda wonky. I wanted bigger, and I wanted flash-based. And the nano was so sexy.

Don't you have iPod envy?

I got the educational discount, plus Towson Town Center, where I bought it, was participating in a Discover promo where you get a $20 Discover gift card if you spend $200 and pay with your Discover card.

So far, I like it. I bought an iSee case and stuck it in as soon as I took it out of the package so it wouldn't get the notorious Nano scratches. The screen is super-sharp, it's super-tiny, and it sounds good. Apple really knows how to pay attention to the little things, too - it even mounts in iTunes with shows it in the correct color. How cool is that?

I plan on selling my old 10 gigger on ebay, even though I feel like I'm selling my firstborn child. But I haven't used it in 8 months or so since I got the shuffle, and it's just collecting dust. I need to get the shuffle fixed before the warrenty expires, but I don't know if I'll eBay it too or just keep it as a 1 gig thumb drive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home