mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Monday, November 01, 2004

You don't wanna mess with me...

I got an odd email yesterday - a PayPal bill for $20 with no message from some guy I've never heard of, sent to an email that I no longer use as my primary PayPal address for transactions.

I'm guessing the guy got my email address (I have a theory how, but I don't really want to mention it on this blog) and others and is sending people random bills on the theory that they will think they owe him money (maybe they bought something off of ebay or the like) and pay him. Interesting scheme.

I googled the guy's name and email address and came up with this post where he's trying to get stolen credit cards - and yup, that's his email address.

I'm guessing this guy isn't the brightest light bulb on the Christmas tree if he's using his real name and thinking people will just email him stolen credit card numbers out of the goodness of their crooked little hearts.

I did email PayPal, but I'm debating what else I can do. I really want to take this guy down.

1 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I hate people who do that also. So how did he get your email address? Well my name is Anthony and I don't think that was right! You can email me at supadupafly43218@aim.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home