mad anthony

Rants, politics, and thoughts on politics, technology, life,
and stuff from a generally politically conservative Baltimoron.

Friday, July 30, 2004

in the NJ

I'm in New Jersey right now... I decided to drive up and visit the 'rents. I had taken today off to use up some vacation days so I don't lose time, and I just found out yesterday that I don't need to come in on Saturday - the satellite campus I usually work at is going to be closed because there's nothing going on.

It's not the greatest time to visit the family - my parents are actually going away on a trip tomorrow - but I wasn't sure how many chances I will get to visit them in the near future with the start of the school year (which is nuts when you work at a college, and will probably be more nuts this year than in the past), working Saturdays, and starting grad school.

I also just kind of wanted to get away... it's been kind of stressful lately. I like my job for the most part, but my social life isn't as active as I would like it to be. Also, I don't really like change and uncertainty, and there has been a lot of that - I'm not sure what's happening with work, if I will be changing shifts or what. I'm also not sure how much longer my weekend overtime will keep on, and I'll miss the money if that ends. One of my roomates also just moved out. Not a huge deal, but it's change, and I'm not a huge fan of change... I like routine, and I like knowing what the future will be like, and I don't right now, Anyway, it's nice to have a change of scenery sometimes, be somewhere familiar.

I'm probably making too big a deal of all this... I've got a lot of good things going on, and chances are everything will work out fine, but until everything falls back into place it's kind of a pain.

1 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Blogger Joe said...

If you don't like change so much, what would you think of a couch that used to stanh on 4 legs and now sits nicely flat on the ground???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home